Saturday, June 1, 2013

Review: Spirit


Spirit
Spirit by Brigid Kemmerer

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I really wanted to love this book and, at first, I did.
I just can't get over what HAPPENED, if you've read it you know what I'm talking about.
As if Hunter hasn't been through enough.
I know the author doesn't want to stick to the typical YA style, and that's one of the aspects I love about her writing but come on!!! give a guy a break.
In the end, it made the story hallow for me and I can't get through it. I was becoming invested in their relationship and happy for both of them, they'd both lost so much and deserved a chance, it just felt wrong to have that happen.
I thought it was gutsy and took a lot of risk (which I love), it was just more tragic than anything, and not in a good way.
This is definitely my least favorite, by a long shot. It just made me sad.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment