Friday, June 21, 2013

Review: Walking Disaster


Walking Disaster
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



I'll start this by saying I wasn't a huge fan of [b:Beautiful Disaster|11505797|Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)|Jamie McGuire|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1358259032s/11505797.jpg|16441531].
That being said I was hopeful that this would be good, I love to get the guys perspective. This just didn't do it for me.
This is NOT a stand alone novel, too much information is assumed and the plot is choppy. There are so many deleted and glazed over scenes that the flow is terrible.
As a companion novel I find it lazy and lacking in depth. McGuire gives more of a summary into Travis, it feels like she had a great idea and the inspiration fizzled out and lost steam. Travis calls other guys 'pussies' and I found him to be one most of the time. I am not a Travis swooner so I wasn't surprised. He was an ass in BD and was an ass in this one too, I was surprised by how pathetic he became, always turning to sex and alcohol- nothing attractive about that.
Needless to say I was disappointed.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment