Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Review: Angelfall


Angelfall
Angelfall by Susan Ee

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I feel like a thief for having only paid 99 cents for this novel. Like I stole it and enjoyed it while other people out there are reading really crappy books and not knowing this awesome story with get characters is out there.
Although I may have guilt, I'm over it!!!!
Because I would totally do it again, absolutely worth it!!!!

I can't believe the second book is not out until the summer. I am not a sequel girl but damn this one got me.
The setting was beautiful and the story, in a word, haunting. I didn't know what I was getting into. I thought it was an atypical angel PNR. I was wrong and feel like an ass for judging Ee.
I was completely swept away by the story, I felt for the characters and Penryn's journey. I loved how tough she was and her 'take no shit' attitude, we need more of those.
The romance part was really subdued, if you even want to call it Romance. The badgering and banter was fun it not a little much at times.
The biblical history was accurate, at least more so than any other I know of out there. When did people start to believe angels were cuddly little cherubs anyway? I blame hallmark.

I was to say so much about the brilliant and bitch about the long wait for the next book but I don't want to give anything away. I usually wait until an entire series ora t least a few books are out before starting because I forget what's happens but the time the next one rolls around and I loss interest. I don't think I will in this case.

Don't be an idiot, go get this book 99 cent for fuck's sake, and you don't even need a kindle, although yu should have one anyway.

Ee, keep writing and hurry the fuck up!!! At least give us a few chapters or something, I sweat I'm not whining....



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment