Sunday, January 8, 2012

Review: Moonglass


Moonglass
Moonglass by Jessi Kirby

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I must admit, the setting really did me in. I am originally from Southern California and surfed a lot during high school so I was a little spell bound by the setting and surf talk.
With that said I really enjoyed this novel. The writing was beautiful and the romance was simple and not the central theme, which I liked. There is so much more to life than boys, no really, hard to believe, I know.
Anna was great and I could totally relate to her, a tomboy was goes cliff jumping, surfing, and runs the beach. My name is not Anna and that’s pretty much the only difference here.
The mysteries surrounding her mothers death was haunting in a way because you never knew what the whole was until the end.
It was incredibly tragic and yet not melodramatic where I am sure some would call it.
I found myself hurting for Anna but more so for her mom. I understand that kind of darkness and pain. Some wars can’t be won no matter the stakes at risk. Just ask The Crawling Man.
The ending was beautiful and the intersecting of tragic stories was woven together well.
One small note: Tyler was a little too cocky for my taste. I would have been nice to have his character developed a bit. Even though I know I said the relationship not being a bug deal was good, I would have liked to have known him better. He seemed very flat, I never got the feeling I knew who or even what he was.
All in all, good read, not book shelf worthy but a summer book all the way.
Now I really need to get out there and find some sea glass.

Leave a comment




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment