Monday, January 16, 2012

Review: Shatter Me


Shatter Me
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I am tripping over myself trying to figure out whether to give this novel a 3 or 4 rating.

Seriously, half starts should be an option.

I would give the writing a 4 and the story a 4 as well, I loved them both. The crux is in their marriage. The writing was misplaced with this novel and the story misplaced with the writing.

Mafi has a beautiful voice and almost lyrical writing, maybe a bit much at points and often distracting. The story is strong if not a little slow at points.

I will read the next book, I am actually anxious for it. I love how the story ended and the character development, even if I did what to reach through and smack Julliette around a little bit and scream at her to use what she can to survive (her touch).
The romance was well paced and not from left field, if was questioned, tested and not just accepted. I can't stand the insta love crap.

I would recommend this book, but beware the prose is more suited to a poetic novel not a PNR. Regardless, I did enjoy it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment