Sunday, January 8, 2012

Review: Lips Touch: Three Times


Lips Touch: Three Times
Lips Touch: Three Times by Laini Taylor

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Some spoilers!!!

I was gearing up to read Daughters of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor when I saw she had this book of short stories, so on a hunch that I would like Taylor I bought both, and I couldn’t be happier.

I decided to knock out the short stories first. I was amazed, and still am, by the fact that I was transformed to another world so easily. Taylor guides her reader effortlessly that one can’t help by follow along.

I had so many different emotions course through me over the few nights I read. I went from fascination to utter frustration with Kizzy, I wanted to reach through the book and shake Kizzy or slap some sense into her. [I guess sometimes the bad guy has to win].
My heart just broke for Anamique and James. Their story was so sweet, the mystery behind the curse whether or not it was real held me on the cliff right along with James. The ending left me satisfied [especially with Anamique’s power over Vasudev, that was perfect].
The final short story was the longest and therefore the most consuming. I enjoyed the world and mythology of the Druj, the characters were well developed for the time allotted. The story was revealed at a steady pace and kept me interested. To be honest I didn’t want it to stop but am content with how it did.

In my opinion the mark of a great story leaves you either satisfied or left wanting more and that’s exactly what I got, especially with Hatchling. I want to know what happens after and what becomes of them all. The emotional rollercoaster was enjoyable.
To be honest I am one of those people who a little tired of the trite endings in today’s novels. Sometimes it takes away from the hardships when everything is PERFECT in the end. [Much like the ending to Hunger Games, it may not make you happy but if you really look at it, it makes sense].

In the end the worlds were so big I wish they were full length novels. I felt a little wanting and some things were unexplained due to the short format.

Other than that they were great.

Kim



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment