Monday, January 16, 2012

Review: Poughkeepsie


Poughkeepsie
Poughkeepsie by Debra Anastasia

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This book was a real pleasure to read. The rating for 3 stars is 'Liked it', that's pretty much how I feel about it.

**MINOR YET PREDICTABLE SPOILERS**

The characters were enjoyable and well developed. I enjoyed the various POV's, I like books like this where you get a glimpse at everyone.

I do wish we were told what Livia and Blake talked about for weeks of breakfast conversation. I would like better development of their relationship. And what the hell was that with Kyle and Cole's instalove. Honestly, I saw it a mile away but still. Becket and Eve were beautifully complicated.

The smile counting was sweet but also stalker like and a little creepy. That's why I would really like to know exactly what Livia saw in Blake in the beginning, I understand why she loved him in the end but what stated it?

In all honesty, I truly enjoyed the novel, it didn't stop with love but extended into what happens after and how relationships develop, that was nice.

I just had a lot of plot issues unexplained, like why Beckett had to take 'being bad' so far? He said it was to protect his brothers, in that case he wasn't doing so well. One was homeless and the other hiding behind faith. Why keep up the act?

It was a good read, not one I'd read again. However, if there was a sequel about Eve I'd be all over that shit. She was my favorite.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment