Sunday, January 8, 2012

Review: Anna and the French Kiss


Anna and the French Kiss
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



After reading Thirteen Reasons Why, I really needed a book to pull me out of myself and make me smile. This did it.

I really enjoyed this novel. Perkins writing is effortless to read and constantly moving, not in an intense way that some books can do, but rather in a natural flow kind of way. The evolution of the characters and their relationships was effortless to follow and entirely believable.

As far as the story itself, I loved it. I was frustrated with Etienne at times and how conflicting he seemed towards Anna. He was so sweet towards her my favorite interaction was the their email exchange over winter break followed closely by their Batman jingle argument.

Anna is quite possibly one of my favorite literary characters, she was so relatable from her Target bought clothes to the gap in her front teeth. I could relate to her insecurity in a new place, having moved dozens of times I’d been the new face before. Perkins made Anna likable I found myself simply wanting her happy and getting what she needed, just like she wished for.

I loved the setting, Paris, while I’ve never been I really want to now. I felt like I was there. Perkins’ brings the city to life and leaves me wanting to wander the streets for hours as well.

I was so relaxed reading this book it was calming yet intriguing. I was just informed Perkins is slated to release two more. The first one is called Lola and the Boy Next Door, which will be out in late 2011 and Isla and the Happily Ever After, which will be published in late 2012.

I read this novel on my kindle, however, it has been upgraded to shelf status. It’s a keeper.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment